Sunday, June 29, 2014

WAKE UP CALLS FIRST ONE... 1999-2000 WELL MORE THAN ONE...

After Buick city closed down it was planned that us three supervisors would be taken care of by the company next door...  that was a joke.

Just as they went around and took each of us in a room and said that we would be taken from hourly to salary and there where only two positions and whomever took the deduction in pay would get to stay, I found out I was.... PREGNANT!!!

So of course I said yes I would take it!
Later on I would find out that it is illegal to take someone from hourly to salary without changing their position... and since I did not get another title when they did it... it was wrong...

Anyway...

It was about Late May early June and I was living alone in an apartment...
I had just gotten off the phone with the baby's dad after a discussion on how things should go, we had different views on that.
After hanging up the phone I went into the bathroom I was not feeling well at all...
I was bleeding, so I called my mom terrified!
She came over and we called my doctor who told me to right to the ER....

They did an ultrasound (I will spare you the details) and there she was on the screen... I will never forget it, at least I pray I will never forget it!

She looked like a little peanut.. there she was on the screen and she was real!!!
From that moment on there was no doubt in my mind (not that there was in to begin with)

I was in the hospital seven times with complications...
I would move back in with mom and dad because of this....
Kidney stones, dehydration, infections.. I actually lost weight when I was pregnant... I could not keep anything down.  My family was so sweet everyone has their own stories and ways that helped them with sickness...

I tried them all, mints, red Kool aid, some special cookie... to this day I cannot have any of these of I will get sick!

She was a great baby, she had the hiccups all the time, and she still gets them all the time...
I craved milk and Oreo's and it was always around 2 a.m.

My new job was working me 60-75 hours a week... my doctor did not like this at all.
She wrote a letter saying that I could not work over 40 hours, so the supervisor said I would work on Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday all ten hour shifts.  I was so upset, but my doctor was beyond mad she called him on the phone and put me out on leave!


My brother was my coach and went to all of the classes with me... he was great.
I went in on February 13th around 9 at night to be induced.
By the next late morning I was ready to go.. He came in and dropped to his knees right next to me...
They had given me a epidural and he was rubbing my arm and he unplugged the line and the medicine was going down my back instead of in the body at one point.
The epidural only made half of my body numb... so when the doctor came in and said that the baby was stuck and we needed to do a c-section I was hysterical.... for many reasons..
1.  I had never had any kind of surgery... I always said if I had a hang nail just let me die I do not want surgery....
2.  She said the epidural would cover any pain and I was only half my body was numb...

3.  I was convinced that the baby could just stay where she was..

My mom went into the operating room with me...
They draped a curtain right above my chest so I could not see, and neither could my mom...
I felt this horrible pain in my chest... I kept telling them I was having a heart attack and I thought in my mind that I was going to die... The nurse kept on telling me that she was watching my heart and everything looked great... but I felt horrible... My doctor told me it was most likely from her pressing on everything inside.


I heard her cry and seen her for a second... and she was gone.

My valentines day gift was a beautiful baby girl... When they gave her to me in recovery she grabbed a hold of my finger and to my heart and has never let go...


Listening to:
Fix My Eyes for KING & COUNTRY
It's Not Over Yet for KING & COUNTRY
Beautiful, Beautiful Francesca Battistelli  
Free to Be Me Francesca Battistelli
This Is the Stuff Francesca Battistelli
Lead Me to the Cross Francesca Battistelli



No comments:

Post a Comment