Monday, May 26, 2014

PART ONE.. TWO OF THE WOMEN WHO MADE ME WHO I AM...

I have been Blogging now for over five years and have the need to share with everyone my story..
When I say "my story" as I look back on my life a HUGE part of my life has been my Faith, even when I was not "enjoying" my faith or even "participating" my Faith was always present in my life.

This is a place where I pray in my sharing you will find comfort and even recognize yourself in my struggles and successes...

The beginning is always the hard part for me, I want to jump right in the middle because that is when God "shook me" as I like to say... BUT not this time.  This time we will start at the beginning...
In the Beginning God created earth...
Well we will not go back that far.. but we will go back to my great-grandmother because she had such an impact on the way I was raised.
Katherine Bridget was born in 1901 into am Irish Catholic family on All Saints Day November first, I believe with all my heart that she is a saint in heaven.  My great-grandmother married and had a beautiful large Catholic family, four girls and four boys.  I remember as a little girl going over to her house and her television would be on one of two stations, the first was EWTN and if it was not on that it was because her "stories" where on.  Yes she loved her soaps, The Young and the Restless, The Bold and the Beautiful and As the World Turns.
I have many memories about her... all so sweet, the way her shoes would make a noise as she rocked back and forth in her chair (because she had he feet crossed at her ankles), how she loved and adored the Blessed Mother and always said; "You never give the Blessed Mother artificial flowers, she deserves real ones", the way her lips would constantly be moving even in the middle of a conversation because she was always praying and she always had her Rosary on her.
She lived a long life, but in that long life she buried all four of her son's, a grandson and her husband.
Before she died I remember being up at the hospital, it was a peaceful and loving time.  It felt as if the whole family was surrounding her.  I got to hold her hand and tell her how much I loved her.
Her death was the first time I had ever went through any kind of suffering, yet I knew in my heart that she was with the Father.  A woman with a faith as strong as hers could not be any where else.... right?!?!

The second woman who was my grandmother, she was born Geraldine Lucile in 1931...
She would marry and have eight children...
Her Faith was so clear to me in all of the talks over the years..
Unlike her mother, it was not clear in the house how religious she was unless you went into her room then you seen that same love for the Blessed Mother that her mother had.

I cannot write a paragraph about my grandmother and end it there, because she was such a huge part of my life.  She did not just give birth to my mother, she did not just show my mother the Catholic faith, she was not just a grandma...
When she did something it was not "just because she had too" it was because she wanted to and the love you felt with everything she did was overwhelming.


Prayer:
Heavenly Father, Thank you for Blessing me with such amazing woman in my life to help lead me on the road to you!!! Thank you for never turning away from me, Thank you for always being there even in the darkest and most loneliest times you where present.
Thank you for loving me a sinner.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment